24 January 2010

Still here....

I know it's been a few days since I've posted anything, but it's been really dry as far as EMS goes. I've got a couple in draft phase that I hope to bring out by tomorrow. We'll see how that goes.

As for now, I'll be playing nurse to my wife who started experiencing debilitating stomach pains around midnight. She agreed to let me take her to the hospital so I could get her an anti-emetic and something to ease the pain. Turns out that she is next in line for a stomach virus going around.

Of course while we were there I got called into action to assist with a code that developed in the ER. Patient presented with SOB and a very distended abdomen; as soon as he got on the ER bed and laid back, he coded. After an NG tube and a rectal tube, enough pressure was relieved to stop hindering the venous return and he regained a half-way perfusing pulse. As we were discharging, he was off to the O/R for surgery.

Stay tuned...more to come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment