01 January 2010

Flip the calendar



Here we are again with aother decade in the books. Seems like it was just last week when everybody was scared that the end of the world was upon us with the impending Y2K event. Thankfully that turned out to not be the case.

I wanted to take a moment to reflect on the last year and some of the highlights that were significant for me. The one thing that sticks out the most is my passing of the first year medic class. That has by far been the greatest personal achievment that has provided immediate benefits. With the sacrifice that my family has made in time and patience, I count myself truly blessed.

Another thing that developed in the later part of the year was this blog. It has been a great outlet for me to express my thoughts, opinions and frustrations. I have also had the priviledge of making the aquantence of some fine folks with the same passions for their work that I have. They may not realize it yet, but they have taught me some things already by proxy. Also this might be a good time to mention it, I've gone big time with the launch of my own website, you can see it at www.firstduemedic.com.

As for 2010 I have just a few things I need/want to acomplish. First and foremost will be the taking and passing of the National Registry Paramedic Exam followed immediatly with obtaining the Critical Care Paramedic endorsment. I plan to graduate with an Associates degree by the end of the year to round out my educational goals. Somewhere in the middle of that I hope to obtain my FireFighter certification.

All in all, 2010 will be just as busy as 2009 was. It will present its own challenges even more as my wife continues to persue her Paramedic degree and work out her career in law enforcement. The kids may not realize it now with our absences for classes and our jobs, but they are our driving force right now to finish what we started so long ago.

With all that said about what I have to look forward to doing this year, I seem to forgot to mention something.....Oh yeah, I gotta loose weight.

Happy New Year to you and yours and may the year be full of good things.

No comments:

Post a Comment